The Miller Sisters Site | home
20 Questions w/Alexandra
20 Questions with Alexandra von Furstenberg
Creative director of her mother-in-law's studio's, Diane von Furstenberg, the youngest of the Miller sisters confides her childhood memories. Bought up in the magical world of Asia, Alexandra von Furstenberg talks about her family and her tastes.
Once upon a time, the Miller sisters, beautiful and sophisticated, were the ideal reincarnations of American style. Chic and modern they have often been compared to Grace Kelly. Alexandra Miller, the youngest got married three years ago in New York to her childhood sweetheart Alexandre von Furstenberg, son of Egon and Diane von Furstenberg.
Dynamic and warm, Alex has managed to attain her own personal style, a right balance between classicism, glamour and modernity. We recently interviewed this fashion icon at her apartment on the Upper East Side.
1. What are some of your favorite places to shop?
I like select shops, such as Scoop in NY, Colette in Paris and Curve in LA.
2. Who is your favorite designer?
(Without hesitating) Ann Demeulemeester.
3. What is the most basic piece of clothing that you could not live without?
A pair of perfectly cut black pants.
4. Do you have a favorite article of clothing?
I love to wear long skirts.
5. What woman do you most admire?
My mother. She is very elegant. I have alot of respect for her.
6. What do you consider to be the last straw in bad taste?
Wearing a suit with a straight skirt to work.
7. Do you have a weakness?
8. What is your version of style, elegance?
You must play on contrast to be unique and original but you should always
look good from head to toe.
9. Are you greedy?
Hopefully not, but I cannot resist pumpkin pie.
10. What are you favorite brands of makeup?
Shu Uemera and Stila.
11. Are you sporty?
I have private lessons in Yoga twice and week and I jog 6 km with my
husband every other day.
12. What is your favorite cure for stress?
Taking a hot bath and sleeping well.
13. What is your favorite hobby?
Traveling with my husband.
14. What do you do on the weekends?
I often go to the beach in South Hampton or the woods of Connecticut.
15. Stranded on a desert island you would like to have...
My husband, my daughter and the people I love most in the world.
16. Your vision of perfect happiness?
Spending time with my husband, my baby, my sisters and my parents.
17. Your home port?
18. What qualities do you appreciate most in a friend?
Memories that we share. Also that they appreciate and understand me.
19. Do you have any principles that you live by from day to day?
Love thy fellow man and never forget to be grateful for what you have.
20. Is there something that you would never do even under torture?